martes, 2 de marzo de 2010

2010 ABS Congress


Story Fields at the 2010 ABS International Congress for Teachers



Last February I attended and delivered two sessions at the 2010 International Congress of Profesional Development for teachers of English, held at Palermo University and organized by ABS International.

I would like to thank Laura Lewin and her staff for a hearty welcome and for making my stay a very pleasant experience, as always!

In my first talk I joined Maria Marta Suarez, from ALL -Alternative Language Learning- and we conducted a session entitled Dance your Story. In this very enjoyable event Maria Marta and I shared some of our favourite stories with all those who decided to join us, and after each story we conducted some dances to combine two of our passions: telling stories and dancing. A huge thank you to all the people who stayed and joined in, and danced in spite of the typical tiredness after a fulfillingly busy day!!

In my second talk, I delivered the third edition of what has almost become a classic: What shall I do on the first day? 2010 Edition! In this experiential session I shared some of my favourite and new games, activities, songs, and of course stories to include in your first classes with different age groups and levels.

I would like to thank all those participants who stopped me in the hallway to share comments on things they had tried out from previous years, to ask me questions or simply to say hi! I would like to thank also, and especially, the participants who attended this talk because there were many of us in the room, and everyone stayed! And I would like to thank those who greeted me, thanked me and congratulated me at the end of the talk, as well as those who got in touch with me later on to ask things or simply to say thank you!

I am very glad to have started spreading story seeds in your fields!




So long!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

Free counter and web stats